Athletics at Saint Lawrence
Physical education in and out of the classroom is part of the well-rounded education each child receives at Saint Lawrence. Students learn the value of teamwork, sportsmanship and respect for their bodies. All students in grades Pre-K through 8 have designated time set aside for their P.E. class where students learn and practice healthy living and a variety of physical activities to sharpen large and fine motor skills.
Under the guidance of the Athletic Director, Saint Lawrence participates in the Central Division of the Catholic School Athletic League of the Diocese of San Jose. Students in grades 5-8 are invited to participate on an athletic team each season.
Saint Lawrence also offers the following programs to support physical education:
- Pre-K through 8th P.E. classes (4th -8th graders have a P.E. uniform requirement)
- K-4 organized activities after school
- 5th-8th Competitive after school sports
- Basketball Tournament hosted on-site
- Swim Team
- Health & Fitness Elective (Middle School)
- Olympics (during Olympic years)
- Walk-a-thon in Fall
- Fun Walk/Run in Spring
- Summer program